Thank you for your interest in the HELP Global Health Internship!
HELP International is offering an internship program specifically designed for students in medical and public health programs at both undergraduate and graduate levels. These interns will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience. Global Health interns will be placed in country based on qualifications, background, and project emphasis. Interns are integrated into our interdisciplinary teams of volunteers and interns in Fiji, Uganda, Peru, Thailand, Nepal and India. Examples of project experience include:
• Medical Job Shadowing: Hands-on clinical experience in a number of health centers varying in size, location, and patient demographics. Observe and assist medical professionals in patient assessment and treatment. Gain unique exposure to diseases, illnesses, and medical practices prevalent in third-world countries.
• Medical Administration and Operations: Assist in general clinic operations including record keeping, data management, patient registration systems, and organization of patients. Gain valuable experience from the unique opportunity to help a new health clinic in an impoverished rural village operate efficiently and effectively, ensuring that it can provide quality healthcare for years to come.
• Community Outreach: Work with local teams to help design and implement programs on the topics of HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, water and sanitation, maternal and child health, family planning and nutrition. Assist in research and data collection related to these topics in preparation for effective community outreach programs.
Interns will live in a house with the HELP team in the specific country of preference and will be managed and supported by a Country Coordinator. This program is for applicants age 18 to 34 unless otherwise approved.
Winter 2018 Nepal Program
12 weeks: Feb 1 - Apr 25 $3450
6 weeks: Feb 1 - March 14 $2950
6 weeks: March 14 - Apr 25 $2950
Summer 2018 Peru, Uganda, Thailand Program
12 weeks: May 16 - Aug 8 $3650
8 weeks: May 16 - July 11 $3450
8 weeks: June 13 - Aug 8 $3450
6 weeks: May 16 - June 27 $3250
6 weeks: June 27 - Aug 8 $3250
4 weeks: June 13 - July 11 $2950
Summer 2018 India, Fiji Program
9 weeks: June 6 - Aug 8 $3450
6 weeks: June 6 - July 18 $3250
6 weeks: June 27 - Aug 8 $3250
3 weeks: June 6 - June 27 $2950
3 weeks: June 27 - July 18 $2950
3 weeks: July 18 - Aug 8 $2950
Fall 2018 Nepal Program
12 weeks: Sept 1 - Nov 21 $3450
6 weeks: Sept 1 - Oct 11 $2950
6 weeks: Oct 11 - Nov 21 $2950
HELP Alumni are eligible for a scholarship of $800.
India and Thailand volunteers staying until August 8 can add 11 days in Nepal to the end of their program:
11 Day Summer Nepal Program
August 8 - August 19 $500 (for India and Thailand volunteers)
Please read through each question thoroughly and answer accordingly. Unfortunately, it is not possible to save and resume your application later, so you will need to finish the application in one sitting. There is also a $35 application fee upon completion.
As you begin your application, please have the following information ready:
* Time commitment
* Contact information for a professional and a character reference
* Credit/Debit Card for application fee
Applications for the Global Health Internship must include a resume.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at (801) 374-0556 or you can email the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.